HNPW Session: Localization is an imperative for Accountability to Affected People
In this session we will show the added value of national and local organisations regarding accountability to affected people. We will discuss good partnership practices in the last few months to share learning from the experience and encourage scaling up. We will also analyse remaining challenges for aid actors to be fully accountable to people affected by crises.
Join us and representatives from national organisations to discuss:
- how exemplary partnerships and application of universal standards have increased accountability to people and communities affected by crisis.
- what actions we can take to remove the barriers for aid that is fully accountable to people we serve.
Mini-session1: How the application of universal standard reinforced NNGOs potential for Accountability to Affected People
We will discuss downward accountability approaches of national organisations from Africa and Asia reinforced by the application of Sphere and Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (CHS) as well as ways forward to a fully accountable aid.
Mini-session 2: Good Partnership between NNGOs and international partners
We will hear from national organisations on exemplary partnerships between them and their international partners, and how to scale up these good practices.
Session moderator : Bonaventure Gbétoho Sokpoh, SeniorAdvisor on CHS and Outreach, CHS Alliance
Mini session 1:
- Wonder Mufunda, Center for Humanitarian Analytics (CHA), Sphere Focal Point in Zimbabwe
- Rehema Kajungu, Deputy Country Director, TPO Uganda
- Iqbal Uddin, Joint Director, COAST Trust, Bangladesh
Facilitated by Shama Mall, Deputy Regional Director, Programs & Organizational Development, Community World Service Asia (CWSA), Pakistan
- Miracle Adesina, Country Coordinator, Slum and Rural Health Initiative Network (SRHIN), Nigeria
- Ahmed Ibrahim Abdi, Chief Executive Officer, Aldef, Convener ASAL Humanitarian Network, Kenya
- Hamza Alobid, MEAL Coordinator, IYD, Syria / Nourhan Alfayoumi, Accountability Coordinator, World Vision Syria response
Facilitated by Fatima Yamin, Manager Programme Development, Strengthening Participatory Organization, Pakistan