Gender Standby Capacity Project (GenCap)
The Gender Standby Capacity Project (GenCap) is an Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) initiative that was established in 2007. Its mission is to strengthen inter-agency capacity and leadership to deliver on commitments to gender equality and women’s empowerment in humanitarian action.
Through the provision of expertise, guidance and tools, GenCap meets a widely recognized need for senior gender staff to support Resident Coordinators and Humanitarian Coordinators (RC/HCs) and Humanitarian Country Teams (HCTs) in their efforts to prioritize gender at the country level.
The main modalities used by GenCap in its work are:
- ProCap and GenCap Appeal 2021-2022
- ProCap and GenCap Appeal 2020-2021
- GenCap Annual Report 2020
- GenCap Annual Report 2019
- ProCap and GenCap Evaluative Review
- ProCap and GenCap Strategic Framework 2018-2021
- IASC Policy on Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women and Girls in Humanitarian Action (2017)
- IASC Gender Policy Accountability Framework
- IASC Gender Handbook