Briefing Note about MHPSS aspects of COVID-19
With inputs from all its member organizations, the IASC MHPSS RG recently finalized a Briefing Note about MHPSS aspects of the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
This document summarizes key mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) considerations in relation to the COVID-19 outbreak, such as appropriate MHPSS responses, overarching principles and globally recommended activities. More specifically, it contains useful guidance about how to, during the COVID-19 outbreak:
- help older adults cope with stress,
- support the needs of people with disabilities,
- design messages & activities to help children deal with stress,
- set up MHPSS activities for adults in isolation/quarantine,
- provide support to response workers, and
- circulate community MHPSS messages.
It also contains numerous references and information sources. It is available in English, Chinese (traditional + simplified), and Arabic.