IASC, Saving Lives Together: A Framework for Improving Security Arrangements Among IGOs, NGOs and UN in the Field, 2015
The IASC framework for Saving Lives Together is a series of recommendations geared towards enhancing security collaboration between the United Nations, International Non-Governmental Organisations and International Organisations.
The nine goals for enhanced collaboration are:
- Timely sharing of security incident reports and alerts
- Timely responses to queries on SLT related issues
- Supporting the resolution of security coordination problems which may arise in the field
- Supporting the coordination of security incident response measures in the field
- Sharing of contact information between security managers of SLT partner organisations
- Collecting, compiling and cross-checking information for regular security reports and coordinate mutual assistance in maintaining relevant security incident databases
- Making training events available to security managers of SLT partner organisations, when feasible
- Organizing workshops and conferences to enhance mutual knowledge and understanding of UN, INGO, and IO security collaboration
- Exploring further areas of security cooperation between the UN, INGOs and IOs
This document supersedes the 2006 document of the same name, linked below.