IASC, Protocol 2. ‘Empowered Leadership’ in a Humanitarian System-Wide Scale-Up Activation, 2018
Protocol 2 of the Scale-Up activation document serves as guidance on the Humanitarian Coordinator’s empowered leadership following an IASC Scale-Up activation.
The document includes the following sections:
- What empowered leadership means;
- How empowered leadership is reflected in the HC’s actions:
- In setting priorities and planning;
- In leading overall cluster coordination;
- In leading advocacy and relationships with national authorities and with donor and other partners;
- In ensuring adequate information and monitoring of the response
- In leading humanitarian funding strategies;
- In aiming for strengthened accountability.
This reference document replaces the March 2014 Concept Paper on ‘Empowered Leadership’.