Inter-agency Protection and Gender Standby Capacity Projects (ProCap and GenCap)
The inter-agency Protection and Gender Standby Capacity Projects (ProCap and GenCap) aim to:
- ensure that protection is central to humanitarian action, and
- deliver on commitments to gender equality and women’s empowerment in humanitarian action through strategic and operational support and expertise, as well by issuing guidance and tools.
The Projects use three key modalities:
- inter-agency deployments, by deploying Senior ProCap and GenCap Advisers to support inter-agency country, regional and global partners in mainstreaming protection and gender equality programming in all aspects of humanitarian response.
- capacity-building, by building the capacity on gender and protection within the humanitarian system; and,
- sharing of best practices and contributing to policy on gender and protection among humanitarian leaders, policy makers and practitioners.
To request the support of protection and/or gender advisers, please complete the "Expression of Interest" form below
Want to learn more?