Humanitarian-development collaboration was identified by the IASC as a Strategic Priority for 2018-2020, with a focus on; operationalising the humanitarian-development nexus in the field to reduce risks and vulnerabilities, safeguarding humanitarian principles and diverse partnerships, and addressing humanitarian crises in urban settings.
Results Group 4 on Humanitarian-Development Collaboration focuses on strengthening links and synergies between humanitarian and development actions/programmes, with linkages to peace as relevant, with a view to maximizing long-term impact while safeguarding humanitarian space and principles.
Under the IASC Strategic Priorities, it is working towards addressing the thematic issues of reducing risks and vulnerabilities to affected populations by working towards collective outcomes and supporting the Humanitarian-Development Nexus and its linkages to peace.
- Provide guidance on working towards collective outcomes. This guidance will be a joint UN JSC and IASC product. OECD DAC INCAF Secretariat will also organize a formal consultation with OECD DAC donors to ensure coherence between the IASC/UN vision and the OECD vision.
- Consolidate lessons learned and identify good practices in selected fragile contexts.
- Key Messages on the humanitarian-development nexus and links to Peace
- Maintain a community of practice network in support of field practitioners.
- Provide support to country operations through a system of pooling capacities.
Note: This group builds on the valuable outputs of the IASC Task Team on Strengthening the Humanitarian/Development Nexus which has completed its work in January 2019