The Global Cluster Coordination Group
The Global Cluster Coordination Group (GCCG) supports the strengthening of country-level cluster and inter-cluster coordination with the aim of improving the quality of humanitarian response.
To achieve this, the GCCG;
- Coordinates joint field support to cluster and inter-cluster coordination, to specific country as requested. This could include support on any aspect of humanitarian coordination such as cluster activation, cluster performance monitoring, the functioning of coordination mechanisms, cluster deactivation/transition and the implementation of the humanitarian programme cycle.
- At the request of field colleagues, engage in joint advocacy on issues which require amplification at the global level including advocacy on specific operational or policy issues, or advocacy concerning neglected emergencies or sectors.
- Contributes to the development and dissemination of guidance and tools for country-level clusters as required.
- Collaborates on joint capacity building and initiatives where cooperation between all or a group of clusters at the global level will contribute to a more efficient use of resources and a better response at country level. For example, the GCCG will ensure that any guidance or tools produced are disseminated to the field through appropriate briefings and trainings at the global and/or country level as required, and as resources allow.
- Encourages Cluster Coordinators and cluster partners to participate in and/or inform global level decision-making by speaking with relevant IASC bodies on issues requiring resolution. The GCCG maintains appropriate links with the IASC Results Groups, the IASC Emergency Directors’ Group (EDG) and other relevant bodies so that it can contribute to the development of policy relating to clusters, as well as raise concerns from the field for resolution.
- Shares information and learning on the implementation of the cluster approach with each other and with relevant actors.
For more information, please contact the GCCG secretariat at GCCG-GlobalClusters@un.org.