IASC Subsidiary Bodies Report 2018
Prior to the IASC reform in January 2019, the function of today’s Results Groups was carried out by the IASC Task Teams and Reference Groups, accountable to the Working Group. This report presents key activities and outcomes of the work of these IASC subsidiary bodies in 2018. Members of these groups provided technical expertise and were in regular contact with the field to ensure field perspectives shaped IASC policies, guidelines, tools and actions.
The report covers the activities of the following subsidiary bodies:
- Task Team on Accountability to Affected Populations and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Task Team on Humanitarian Financing
- Task Team on Strengthening the Humanitarian/Development Nexus with a Focus on Protracted Contexts
- Task Team on Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Humanitarian Action
- Reference Group on Risk, Early Warning and Preparedness
- Reference Group on Gender and Humanitarian Action
- Reference Group on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings
While the work of both the Task Teams and Reference Groups have been enveloped into the Results Group as of January 2019, the Gender and Humanitarian Action Reference Group and the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings Reference Groups will continue to exist as stand-alone entities associated to the IASC.