HNPW Session: Strengthening Participation, Representation, and Leadership of Local and National Actors in IASC Humanitarian Coordination Mechanisms
This session will focus in general on the aspects of coordination and localization by discussing recent developments and good practices related to more localized humanitarian coordination structures and in particular by focusing on the different areas of work of the RG1 sub-group on localization, including the presentation of the recently developed IASC guidance on Strengthening Participation,Representation, and Leadership of Local and National Actors in IASC coordination structures.
The objectives of the session are three-fold:
- Introduce the IASC RG 1sub-group on localization and its activities, including an update on progress made to date.
- Raise awareness on the draft guidance on strengthening participation, representation, and leadership of local and national actors in humanitarian coordination mechanisms.
- Discuss with participants how stakeholders have identified and overcome key challenges in strengthening localization in humanitarian coordination structures and suggest common approaches to overcome them.
- Stella Ogunlade, RG1 sub-group on localization co-chair and Chief of UNHCR's NGO and Civil Society Section
- Dulmar Farah, RG1 sub-group on localization co-chair a.i, Somali NGO consortia
- Ms. Marina Skuric Prodanovic, Chief of the System-wide Approaches and Practices Section, Coordination Division, OCHA
- Mr. Filiep Decorte, Chief (oic), UN-Habitat’s new Programme Development Branch
Moderated by Ms. Alix Masson, Advocacy Lead, NEAR