IASC Briefing on Humanitarian Development and Peace Collaboration in Practice: Mapping Good Practices and Lessons Learned
Strengthening the humanitarian-development collaboration was identified by donors, NGOs, crisis-affected States and other stakeholders as a top priority at the World Humanitarian Summit (WHS). Five years since the World Humanitarian Summit, there is an increasing body of experience in implementing nexus approaches. However, good practices and lessons learned generated at the country level, do not have a platform to ensure knowledge transfer between country operations and/or at the global level. Recognizing this gap, the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) conducted a mapping of good practice in the implementation of the nexus in more than 15 contexts producing a synthesis report and country briefs.
This briefing will be an opportunity to discuss the findings and recommendations of the IASC Mapping of Good Practice in the Implementation of Humanitarian-Development Peace Nexus Approaches, Synthesis Report. It will also be an opportunity to consider the next steps to ensure successful nexus approaches and take stock of the support provided by the IASC to humanitarian-development collaboration.
- Ms. Irena Vojackova-Sollarano, Deputy Special Representative of the Secretary-General, Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator in Iraq
- Mr. Matthias Naab, Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator in Cameroon
- Ms. Wafaa Saeed, Director a.i, Coordination Division, OCHA
- Mr. Issack Maalim, Director, Nexus Platform, Nexus Somalia Consortium
- Ms. Mervat Shelbaya, Head, Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) secretariat
WebEx meeting link: https://ocha.webex.com/ocha/j.php?MTID=m2815cc00a32ab2f4fc99e23aba5b128e
Meeting number: 2425 881 8240
Join by phone
1-866-469-3239 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
1-650-429-3300 Call-in number (US/Canada)
Access code: 2425 881 8240