Humanitarian Needs Overview and Humanitarian Response Plan templates, 2022
The HNO and HRP aim to improve the relevance and effectiveness of humanitarian response by:
- providing a more holistic and inter-sectoral analysis of crisis-affected people’s needs and their severity, vulnerabilities, causes, and risks, including a disaggregation based on age, gender, disability and other context-relevant diversity characteristics;
- strengthening the prioritization of the response based on the needs analysis together with an analysis of the most appropriate and feasible response options, putting the emphasis on combined multi-sectoral and sectoral responses;
- formulating measurable and attainable strategic objectives that reflect the desired humanitarian outcomes to achieve from the prioritized response; and
- specifying key indicators, frequency, and roles and responsibilities for regular monitoring of the crisis situation, needs, and achievements of the response throughout the year.
- improving coherence between humanitarian, development and peacebuilding frameworks through collective outcomes to the extent possible.