World Humanitarian Summit Special Sessions
The Special Sessions respond to the specific calls made during the consultation process for the World Humanitarian Summit. They will focus on launching strategic initiatives underlying the five core responsibilities. These initiatives aim to harness the vision, skills and capacities of stakeholders in each relevant area. The Special Sessions will provide a platform for Member States and other stakeholders to make specific commitments in support of these and as a means of achieving the Agenda for Humanity.
There will be fifteen Special Sessions taking place during the Summit:
- People at the Centre
- Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities into Humanitarian Action
- Islamic Social Finance
- Education in Emergencies and Protracted Crises
- Global Health
- Global Alliance for Urban Crises
- Global Alliance for Humanitarian Innovation
- Humanitarian Principles
- Transforming Humanitarian Action with and for Young People
- Religious Engagement
- Connecting Business
- Regional Action for Global Challenges
- Protecting Journalists and Promoting Independent Reporting in Crisis Situations
- Risk and Vulnerability Analysis
For Special Sessions enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find more information on the Special Sessions by clicking on the link in the side bar of this page.
IASC organizations are invovled in most of these Special Sessions.