IASC Dialogue on Principles for Peace: An Exchange Between Humanitarian Leaders and the International Commission on Inclusive Peace
Watch the recording of the full briefing here: IASC Dialogue on Principles for Peace: An Exchange between Humanitarian Leaders and the International Commission on Inclusive Peace
The International community faces an era of alarming, prolonged and recurrent conflict. the persistent increase in violent conflicts underlines the pressing need to re-imagine and reshape our collective approaches to building and sustaining peace while also considering decades of experience from principled humanitarian action.
This dialogue will provide an opportunity for an exchange on the development of principles for peace. it will contribute to taking stock of key lessons learned and best practices from the humanitarian community's decades of experience working at the intersection of humanitarian and peace issues.
- Mr. Ramesh Rajasingham, Deputy Emergency Relief Coordinator and Assistant Secretary-General ai.
- Mr. Bert Koenders, Co-chair, International Commission on Inclusive Peace, and former Minister of Foreign Affairs for the Netherlands
- Ms. Najat Rochdi, Deputy Special Coordinator, Humanitarian and Resident Coordinator for Lebanon
- Mr. Yves Daccord, Co-chair of International Commission on Inclusive Peace, and former Director-General of International Committee of the Red Cross
- Ms. Hiba Qasas, Head of Secretariat, Principles for Peace Initiative
- Ms. Mervat Shelbaya, Head, Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) secretariat
Join by Video
Meeting number: 2421 035 2590
Join by phone
1-866-469-3239 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
1-650-429-3300 Call-in number (US/Canada)
Access code: 2421 035 2590
Photo: Principles for Peace Initiative 2019-2021