PRACTICAL INFO RE ACCESSIBILITY IN GENEVA AND THE PALAIS DES NATIONS
The links on the right provide practical information concerning various accessibility features in Geneva and for the Palais des Nations.
1) The first link leads to a webpage from OHCHR, providing the following information in English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese and Russian:
- airport access
- accessibility in public transport
- indicative list of accessible taxi services
- indicative list of accessible hotels
- information about electrical appliances
- accessibility guide to the Palais des Nations in an easy-to-read version (in principle focussing on the Human Rights Council, but containing plenty of generic information about how to enter and move around in the Palais des Nations)
2) The sedond link displays a map of the Palais des Nations, showing the locations of accessible car parks, doors, elevators and toilets (please refer to the description on the left bottom side)
3) In the third link you will find generic information about procedures for external visitors and delegates. Note that visitors have to proceed to the "Pregny Gate" Security entrance, located on avenue de la Paix in Geneva, opposite of the building of the International Committee of the Red Cross Red Crescent (ICRC). Pregny Gate is Open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (contact for queries: tel.: +41 22 917 50 42).
A priority lane is available for persons with disabilities at Pregny Gate Security entrance. There is signage directing to the priority lane. You may also approach any UNOG Security Officer who will direct you to the priority lane.Always remember to carry your badge and photo identity card without which you would not be permitted to enter.
Large luggage cannot be taken into Palais des Nations. After airport-type security control, large pieces of luggage need to be stored at the storage area available.
4) Finally, some more general accessibility information (mostly in French) about various other aspects of life in Geneva is available through the link of the "International Geneva Welcome Center/ Centre d'Accueil de la Genève Internationale (CAGI)".
We hope that you will find the above useful. Please do not hesitate to provide us with your feed-back.
NOTE: The general information about accessibility in Geneva in the attached links is provided by outside sources and is for informational purposes only; this does not constitute endorsement of, or an approval by, the United Nations of any of the texts, products and services presented therein. The United Nations bears also no responsibility for the accuracy of the information presented on this page.