How to search for an IASC Resource
With well over 5500 documents on the IASC website, it can be hard to find exactly what you are looking for. If you're looking for a page, meeting, or event, you'll need to use the search bar. If you're looking for a document, the All Resources page is a good place to start.
On the All Resources page, the filter button opens a set of options you can use to refine your results. These are:
By Date: The two left-hand boxes on the top row allow you to select a date each, only documents published on the website between these two dates will be displayed. Since many documents predate the IASC website, this might not work for very old resources.
By Author: The top right hand box allows you to select from a dropdown or type the name of the group who wrote or published the document that you are looking for. It may be that a document drafted by one group may have been published by another. For instance, a product of a sub-Working Group may ultimately have been published as endorsed by the Principals. If you can't find a document under the group who drafted it, try 'Principals' and 'Working Group', who have historically published many IASC documents.
By Theme: The product category option at the bottom-left of the filter options allows you to narrow down documents to only those tagged thematically under one of the current or past IASC Strategic Priorities.
By Document Type: The options for document type are as follows:
- Agenda: Meeting agendas.
- Evaluation: Evaluations produced by the Inter-Agency Humanitarian Evaluations Group.
- IASC Product: IASC Guidance or other documents endorsed by the Inter-Agency Standing Committee.
- IASC Statment: Statements delivered by the IASC as a collective. This doesn't include statements given by only a subset of members.
- Document: All other documents, usually working documents or background documents.
- IASC Newsletter: historic copies of the IASC Newsletter.
- Minutes/Meeting Notes: Readouts and summary records from meetings from any of the IASC structures.
- Other Product: non-IASC documents that are of importance or relevance to the work of the IASC.
- Terms of Reference: The guiding documents for the IASC structures.
- Work Plans and Progress Reports: The planned activities and reporting against them of any of the IASC structures.
By Keyword: The bottom-right 'filter' box is a text search box. Enter key terms to refine your results.
If you still can't find the document you are looking for, contact the IASC secretariat.