IASC, The Multi Cluster/Sector Initial Rapid Assessment (MIRA) Manual, 2015
Accurate and timely information on the needs of people affected by emergencies is essential for the effective design of humanitarian programmes and equitable allocation of resources. It lays the groundwork for humanitarian decision-making and is crucial for humanitarian actors to target their assistance strategically, taking into account the severity, scale and underlying causes of the disaster. To address these issues the Multi-Cluster Initial Rapid Assessment (MIRA) was developed.
The MIRA framework covers the dimensions of status and impact, vulnerabilities and risks, and trends and information gaps in each of the following themes:
1) Drivers of the crisis and underlying factors
2) Scope of the crisis and humanitarian profile
3) Status of populations living in affected areas
4) National capacities and response
5) International capacities and response
6) Humanitarian access
7) Coverage and gaps
8) Strategic humanitarian priorities
The 2015 revision supersedes the 2012 version of this tool.