The IASC Working Group is composed of the directors of policy or equivalent of the IASC organizations. The IASC WG's focus is on humanitarian policy. The IASC WG meets in ad hoc meetings as necessary. It reviews the work of the IASC Task Teams and the IASC Reference Groups.
Meetings alternate between Rome, Geneva and New York, and are hosted by IASC organizations on a rotational basis.
The Working Group is chaired by the Assistant Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Deputy Emergency Relief Coordinator, Ms. Ursula Mueller. Supported by the IASC Secretariat, she is responsible for the preparation of issues, consultations and follow-up actions.
- developing policies and guidance in line with strategic decisions made by the IASC;
- making proposals to the IASC on strategic issues;
- establishing and overseeing the work of the Task Teams;
- establishing and monitoring the Reference Groups; and
- collaborating with the EDG in identifying and elaborating policy matters with direct bearing on humanitarian operations.
IASC WG/EDG meeting, April 2018, Hosted by UNDP
Remarks for Assistant Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Deputy Emergency Relief Coordinator, Ursula Mueller High-level panel on addressing the rights and needs of adolescent girls in crisis: Bridging the policy and programming gap
Ms. Ursula Mueller - New Assistant Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Deputy Emergency Relief Coordinator
World Migration Report 2015: Migrants and Cities, New Partnerships to Manage Mobility
New IFRC Report calls for greater recognition and support for local humanitarian actors
Reminder - Call for nominations for the IASC HC Pool